Friday, September 15, 2006

The Story of the 3 Time Travelers and the 10 Kilograms

Nowadays it seems that the time runs too fast. Sometimes, people say they feel like prisoners of the time.

Yesterday, me and my other roommates, decided to have a trip back in time. So, we dressed in some traditional medieval costumes, specific to Warmia and Mazury Region, where we have our internships.

To begin with, we chose a color. I chose the red costume cause it seemed the most happy one. Then we started dressing: first came the tutu – the many white laced skirts to cover our legs – they had like 3 kilos I guess; the large long skirt followed – one kilo added; seconds later, we put up the long sleeves shirt that was really tight; a waistcoat came right after that and last, but not least, came the short skirt to give some more volume to all the costume.

I put on the red boots that matched perfectly the entire outfit. I fixed my hair as Ewel told us that the women in those times used to wear it.

And now, the photo shooting was to start. People were looking at us with smiles on their faces. But the best thing that happened was Ewel’s idea: to go on the tennis playground and ask please some guys to borrow us some racquets to play some tennis and make a mixture between old and modern times. Although we didn’t consider ourselves very sexy in those clothes, the guys agreed instantly.



After all this fun, I put on my normal 21st century clothes and in a matter of seconds, I felt like flying. I’m not a fashion victim but I prefer wearing lighter clothes and not a lot of kilos.

All in all, it was a very nice experience that I will remember for a long time (maybe because it was also my first time playing tennis:)) and I must admit the traditional Warmia and Mazury clothes are really beautiful.

No comments: