Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Weekend of Angels

I spent my past weekend visiting beautiful places, full of history. First came Olsztyn – our host city for the past 2 months. But until now we didn’t find the time to visit it. This Saturday, the new trainee form Hong Kong made us move and see how beautiful it is.

In the evening, a party took place, in one of the most popular clubs in the city. All the new trainees were there and 2 AIESECers, as the others had left in the AutoCo. I even succeeded in convincing an alumnus to come, in spite of the pessimism of the ones that knew him. I didn’t know him so maybe that was my success secret.

On Sunday, another beautiful city was to be visited. On Saturday night, before the party, I convinced Lee and Anna to join me in my trip to Torun. There, we met Alexandra and we began our new day.

We fed the pigeons, visited a church, stayed for the beginning of the service in another big church, took pictures, saw the City Museum, climbed up in the tower on the old Town Hall, visited Copernicus’ house, the Teutonic Castle’s ruins, the Under a Star house, the Theatre, the University, the interesting architectural prison downtown, and the Leaning Tower with his fabulous legend. This tower leans gently to the north and the legend says that on their first date, the guy brought the girl to this tower and asked her to stand against it’s leaning wall. If the girl succeeded to stand for 3 minutes, he knew she’s a virgin. I don’t see the connection but who knows what miraculous energies support this idea.

In the evening, my legs were hurting like hell and all my body was so tired I thought I’ll fall. I didn’t though.

The sky was blue, the leaves of the trees were just starting to consider the option of flying because of the autumn and the people were walking their heads up, smiling for the beautiful day. It was, without any doubts, a weekend to remember.

No comments: